Home » » First Fire of Fall

First Fire of Fall

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 11, 2012 | 5:26 PM

The wood was stacked and ready.  The temperature dipped and it was time to start the first fire of the season.  Hunter had the honor of doing such and along with tradition, being the person who strikes the fire, he had to "name" it.  It's a Southern thing...
With a little house fluffing and pumpkin shopping, I'm almost ready for fall.  I've still got several things on my "project" list to do, but for now, fall has arrived at "The Homestead."  
Since I surprised the boys with snacks by the crackling fire - homework & studying was a "no brainer"...  I know, that was goofy.

Anyway, I hope you all are getting into fall by fluffing your house, stocking your pantry, shopping for pumpkins and gloves and scarves but more importantly,  I hope you are stopping to look at the precious faces of kids in "the punkin patch," are enjoying the falling leaves and are amazed at God's glorious sunsets as the season changes.
Welcome home, friends, welcome home...
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. A Southern Soul - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger