Home » , » Fresh Eggs & Storage Tips

Fresh Eggs & Storage Tips

Written By Unknown on Thursday, April 4, 2013 | 8:27 AM

I got a nice surprise this morning...4 dozen fresh eggs delivered to my back door by my friend, Anne and her sweet daughter, Amelia!  They were all smiles as they handed over their eggs in these happy pink cartons.  Don't you love them?  I could not be happier and have a long list of recipes to make.  I also want to make sure that I store these beautiful, fresh eggs correctly so that I get the maximum life from them.  So, here's some information I found useful and thought I'd share.  I hope you'll hit the farm stand or local farmers market and pick up some fresh eggs - there's nothing like them!  
How Long Do Eggs Last
"Fresh eggs can be kept refrigerated in their carton for 6 weeks from the date of pack. It is best to put eggs in the fridge as soon as you get them home, remember an egg ages 7 times quicker when left on the bench than when it is properly stored in the fridge. So to enjoy your fresh eggs for longer, please store them in the fridge."


This information is from the Incredible Edible Egg site.  Check out the link for lots of great information on cooking and storing eggs along with recipes.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. A Southern Soul - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger