Home » , , » Grilled Yellow Squash with Lemon & Chive Vinaigrette

Grilled Yellow Squash with Lemon & Chive Vinaigrette

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 | 12:14 PM

Last week I stopped by a local farm stand to pick up some fresh strawberries and was happy to see they had other vegetables for sale.  I bought some lettuce and could not resist the squash.  I love yellow squash and it brings back so many great memories of when I was a little girl.  Stewed squash was always on the table at Sunday lunch.  It was thick, buttery and tasted like summer.  Of course, when I saw those bright yellow beauties, I had to have some.  

The bunch that I picked up is some of the first of the season and is more like baby squash so, I decided to grill them and add a little additional flavor with a lemon, chive vinaigrette.  They turned out great with a fresh, sweet flavor.  I grilled them just long enough to keep a little crunch and along with the tartness of the lemon and the garlic flavor of the chives, all I can say is, welcome to summer!
www.asouthern-soul.blogspot.com
Grilled Yellow Squash
8-10 small squash or 3-4 large
canola oil
salt and pepper
Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons chopped chives
salt and pepper to taste

  • Preheat grill to high.
  • Slice squash in half lengthwise.
  • Place in a shallow dish and drizzle with canola oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Let marinate for 10 minutes.
www.asouthern-soul.blogspot.com
  • While squash is marinating, make vinaigrette by adding all ingredients into a mason jar then gently shake to mix.
  • Grill squash on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side (6-7 minutes if large squash.)
  • Remove from heat and drizzle with dressing.
www.asouthern-soul.blogspot.com

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. A Southern Soul - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger