Home » , , , , , , , » Lunch Date With Myself and Penne Pasta

Lunch Date With Myself and Penne Pasta

Written By Unknown on Monday, April 30, 2012 | 10:55 AM

OK....everyone, at sometime or another has been there!  You go, go, go, give and do for others and then start all over again.  The thing is, when this happens, I really don't begrudge it, running at a high speed is my nature BUT, I've learned the hard way that I've got to stop and schedule time "with" myself.  So, this morning after getting everyone off, I asked myself to lunch!  I've had a great time, following up on things that needed attention, making appointments for some home projects & the boys, and of course, making a few lists.  I've shared before that I'm a list maker and I love it - especially checking things off!  
After getting so much done, it was time to get ready for my lunch date.  I'm treating myself to penne pasta with a few of my favorite things - spinach, tomatoes, olives and cheese.  Time to "be my own chef," ahhh.
Penne Pasta with Favorites
3/4 cup of whole wheat penne pasta
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup grape tomatoes - halved
1/3 cup olives - halved
1 Tablespoon sliced Vidalia onion
Olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Shaved Parmesan cheese
  • Cook pasta in salty water according to package directions, about 11 minutes or al dente.
  • While pasta is cooking, slice tomatoes, olives and onion, set aside.
  • Wash spinach and trim any stems.
  • When pasta is almost finished cooking, add spinach to the pot.  Cook for 1 minute.  This will wilt the spinach just enough to be tender.
  • Drain pasta and spinach.
  • Add tomatoes, olives and onion. Toss gently.
  • Drizzle on olive oil, about 2 Tablespoons. 
  • Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon.
  • Season with salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper.
  • Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Oh my heavens....that was so good!!  Now where is that dog lease?
Really?  I was just getting comfortable!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. A Southern Soul - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger